Smoke Signal

duxbury chimney sweep's Comments

Posted in Damper replacement on July 31, 2012

This project is something I do not recommend for a homeowner. There are a couple of products on the market that can be installed by a chimney professional, called "top-sealing dampers". These dampers are installed at the top of the fireplace flue. A cable runs down the flue and is attached in the firebox on a bracket. But like I said before, this is not a project for a homeowner. If you cannot locate a chimney professional through the search on this site, you can try

Posted in woodstove chimney on March 20, 2012

It is current standard practice to vent a wood burning appliance the same size all the way to the top. It would be best for you to install a 6" UL listed stainless steel liner system for the wood stove. You can find a chimney professional through this website.