Collapsed Chimney May Cause Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Ron Herman

When chimneys are in disrepair, the updraft stops working. Gas can seep into your home, and that poses a serious danger for your family. Deadly carbon monoxide gas can seep into your home, and it will silently poison your family. It’s important to have your chimney inspected and invest in chimney repair to protect your home and your loved ones.

How to Choose the Best Fireplace

Marge Padgitt

Homeowners have many options for gas or wood-burning fireplaces, but the choices can be somewhat confusing if all the facts aren’t readily available. The internet can be a good source for research, but there are a lot of sites that don’t provide accurate or thorough information so making a choice can be difficult.

Chimney Repair - Gas Logs

Marge Padgitt

Unfortunately, many homeowners are under the impression that gas logs, gas stoves, and gas direct vent fireplace inserts never need any maintenance.  This may have been what the salesperson said at the time of purchase of the appliance, but it is definitely not the case.

Chimney Repair - Old Water Heater Flue

Marge Padgitt

Homeowners who upgrade to a higher-efficiency air conditioner and furnace in spring or summer may have what is known as an abandoned water heater. This happens when an HVAC installer puts in new appliances and vents them out the side of the house, often leaving the water heater to vent on its own.

Smoke Signals: Have a question about your chimney?